McLaren Vale’s Living Icons (1800s Vines) Dinner at Mount Lofty House
Mount Lofty House
Remarkable wine from South Australian vineyards planted in the 1800s will be the star of this special one-night-only dinner at Mt Lofty House.
Five nationally revered McLaren Vale winemakers – Paxton, Ox Hardy, Richard Hamilton, Kay Brothers and d’Arenberg – are set to feature. Expect a five-course modern Australian gastronomic delight shaped by the artisanal excellence of Mount Lofty House’s chef team.
Guests will gather in the a la carte Martha Hardy’s Kitchen and enjoy two vintages of each winery’s exceptional single vineyard icon wine as the evening unfolds. South Australian vines are among the oldest in the world. They grew in significance after devastating phylloxera outbreaks wiped out vines across the northern hemisphere throughout the 19th century.
Sit back and relax as five of the state’s leading winemakers guide you through an unforgettable experience.
This event can cater to vegetarian, vegan and coeliac dietary requirements. For any other requirements please contact the event organiser prior to purchasing.
- Sashimi of Blue Fin Tuna, Pickled Cucumber, Sriracha Kewpie,
- Tobiko Squid Ink Battered Spencer Gulf Prawns, Citrus Aioli
- Truffled Mushroom Arancini, Pesto Mayonnaise
- Carpaccio of 36-Degree South Coonawarra Beef Tenderloin
- Caramelised Onion, Jerusalem Artichoke, Pancetta
- 17 Hour “Sous vide” Pork Belly
- Granny Smith Apple, Parsnip, Kale
- Confit Duck Leg
- Puy lentil cassoulet, Warringal spinach, thyme
- Mediterranean Rack of Lamb
- Eggplant purée, Cauliflower and chickpea tagine, Garlic jus
- Anise and Cinnamon Infused Shiraz Poached Pear
- Roquefort, Walnut Crumble
This event can cater to vegetarian, vegan and coeliac dietary requirements.
For any other requirements please contact Martha Hardy’s Kitchen prior to purchasing.
Please note some changes may be made to the published menu.